Spring is making a strong appearance in Atlanta and that means it will soon be Steeplechase time! The annual event known as the Atlanta Steeplechase closed down right after the 2017 races, only to reemerge in 2018 under new management and a new name — the Georgia Steeplechase.
If you’re planning to make the trek out to Kingston Downs this year, you’ll want to take advantage of one of the early deals we’ve found (up to 50% off!), so keep reading.
The Georgia Steeplechase takes place on Saturday, April 6th. It is a timeless southern tradition: part sporting event, part entertainment, and part fashion extravaganza. Half the fun is assembling this year’s outfit and participating in the annual Hat Parade (see the video below!) or entering the Best Dressed Gentleman contest.
According to the Georgia Steeplechase website, this year’s event will feature local bands, fabulous food, fun contests, souvenir shopping, wine tasting, live bagpipe music, a new kids’ area, the ever-popular Hat Parade, terrier races, and the opportunity to attend exclusive events like the Horse, Hound and Hunt party ($100 per person) or the Chairman’s Pavilion ($400 per person — but it includes a parking pass!)
Oh, and did we mention there are also horse races? (We’ve included a full schedule of events at the bottom of this post.)
Georgia Steeplechase admission deals and discounts
You can save a lot of money by purchasing a Georgia Steeplechase Groupon deal, no promo code needed. But there are a couple of other ways to maximize your savings, and they’re explained in the next section, below the discount info.
First of all, there are three Groupon Steeplechase deals, so you have options:
- * Two general admission tickets + parking pass, for $25. That is a full 50% off the regular advance purchase price. (See details below.)
- ** Six Infield Backstretch Tailgating tickets for $240. You can take your whole family or gather 5 friends to split this deal with you. It would normally run $300 for the package. (See details below.)
- *** Two Horse, Hound, and Hunt Party tickets for $180. That would normally be $200, so it’s a 10% savings. (See details below.)
NOTE: Children 12 and under are admitted to the Georgia Steeplechase for FREE and do not need a ticket.
* About the general admission deal:
Be sure you understand the policies and terms before you buy. There are no coolers, tents, canopies, umbrellas, or outside food and beverages allowed with general admission (you can bring chairs and blankets).
** About the tailgating package:
• The tailgating deal package includes 6 admission tickets, a 10X10 tailgating space, and parking for ONE vehicle directly behind the space. (There is additional parking in the general admission section.)
• You may bring your own 10X10 tent and your own food and drink — or visit the food and drink vendors located in the general admission section.
• No high-peak tents, please, and no pets allowed.
• General admission ticket-holders do not have access to the tailgating area.
*** About the party package:
• This is an all-inclusive deal package — simply show up and enjoy the day. All the details are handled.
• You must be 21 or older and have a valid ID to attend this party.
• The package includes a parking pass and admission to an exclusive tent party with a premium rail-side view of the races.
• The food and drink provided includes: heavy hor d’oeuvres, afternoon snacks, and an open bar (beer, wine, sodas, and water).
• There is a cash bar available for liquor.
• No outside food or beverage allowed.
• No pets allowed.
Remember, there are no added fees when you buy through Groupon. But, as always, read the fine print on Groupon carefully.
Maximize your savings through eBates and extra Groupon discounts
If you haven’t signed up for Ebates yet, now is the time.
When you shop through Ebates, it gets a commission whenever you make an eligible purchase, and then shares part of it with you. You earn cash back as you shop, and then you receive a check or PayPal deposit every quarter. It’s like free money. Just look at the screenshots below.
And guess what? You can earn 6% cash back when you make a Groupon purchase. Sure, it doesn’t reduce your upfront cost on a Georgia Steeplechase package. But it’s a small savings that adds up, and it feels good when you get that $20 or $50 check from Ebates after a few months of accumulating cash back.
But it gets better. Ebates will also find and apply any active Groupon discounts that require a special promo code. (Every now and then, Groupon will run a one-day special offer that gives you an extra 10% or 20% off an already good deal. But you have to know about the deal to collect the savings, and enter the code at checkout — unless Ebates does it for you.)
Georgia Steeplechase videos
The Hat Parade:
The Steeplechase experience:
Tentative Georgia Steeplechase schedule of activities
Infield Games open
Souvenir tents open (infield and upper terrace)
Chairman’s Pavilion opens (upper terrace)
Dogwood Club Jack Russell Terrier Races (infield)
Vineyard Row and Craft Beer Tent open
Food vendors open (infield)
Registration and start of games for the Cornhole Tournament (infield next to Vineyard Row and the Craft Beer Tent)
Registration begins for the Hat Parade and Contest at Lawn Box section A (categories: Most Beautiful, Most Whimsical, and Best Children’s Hat)
Registration begins for the Best Dressed Gentleman Contest at Lawn Box Section A
Registration begins for Best Lawn Box and Best Tailgate Space
Outriders to the Tower
Track 120 Members Champagne Toast at the Tower (must wear pin for access)
Bagpipers to the Tower
Presentation of Colors
Race Director’s welcome
Introduction of jockeys and thoroughbreds for first race
“Best Decorated” picnic box competition winner announced
Introduction of jockeys and thoroughbreds for second race
Introduction of jockeys and thoroughbreds for third race
“Hat Contests” and “Best Dressed Gentleman” winners announced
Introduction of jockeys and thoroughbreds for fourth race
“Best Decorated” Infield Tailgate Competition winner announced
Introduction of jockeys and thoroughbreds for fifth race
Post-race party and concert