For the first time since 2019, the Fox Theatre will open its doors for its annual Holiday Extravaganza FREE event.
The show, titled Mighty Mo & More, takes place on on Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available to reserve NOW — details below!
This event is a way the Fox gives back to the community. It features “Mighty Mo,” the 3,622-pipe organ that was custom made for the Fox in 1929. It is the second-largest theater organ in the world, according to Atlanta Magazine.
The Holiday Extravaganza will open with a musical prelude on Mighty Mo by Ken Doubbe, president of the American Theatre Organ Society.
- Free event open to the entire family
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Marquee Club opens at 6 p.m. (passes are $55 per person)
- 100% chance of snow on Peachtree Street
- On-site family photo opportunities with Santa Claus
- Photo opportunities with the Coca-Cola Classic Polar Bear
- Christmas Carols Sing-A-Long led by the famous “Mighty Mo” organ, one of the largest Mollër theater organs in the world
- A screening of Miracle on 34th Street
- A performance by Allan Vella and The Grits
The Fox Theatre is located in midtown Atlanta, on Peachtree Street near the corner of Ponce de Leon Ave.
How to reserve your ticket
Tickets are FREE.
They will become available on Thursday, November 17th at 10 a.m. and they will probably go quickly.
Your best bet is to reserve online.
There is a limit of six (6) passes per person.
Everyone must have a ticket to enter, including infants.
Upgrade your experience
You can upgrade your experience by purchasing passes to the Marquee Club for $55. This is the regular price for a club pass (a $5 order fee is added). You’ll be asked at checkout if you want to add a Marquee pass to your free ticket order. (You can also go back online and buy one later.)
Your Marquee Club pass gives you access to complimentary food, as well as private bars and restrooms that are not available to the general public.
For this event, Marquee Club attendees will have the chance to take home a photo magnet.
More holiday events at the Fabulous Fox
This info comes from a press release.
Still looking for ways it to indulge in the Holidays this year? The Fox Theatre’s calendar is packed with holiday events for every type of fan.
- Nov. 18 – Manchester Orchestra’s The Stuffing XII – Kick off Thanksgiving right with Manchester Orchestra’s annual concert-event The Stuffing. Fans are encouraged to bring healthy, canned good to help the band’s charitable partner this year UMI FEEDS stock underserved school pantries this Holiday season. Guests that donate will have a chance to scan a QR code onsite to enter to win a poster from last year’s The Stuffing concert.
- Nov. 27- Mannheim Steamroller Christmas by Chip Davis – Recently celebrating its 35th anniversary, Mannheim Steamroller Christmas invites fans to experience the spirit of the season with their signature take on Christmas classics and dazzling multimedia effects.
- Dec. 13- Hip Hop Nutcracker – The unique and joyful holiday mash-up for the whole family returns to the Fox Theatre this holiday season with a contemporary dance spectacle set to Tchaikovsky’s timeless music. The production is performed by a supercharged cast of a dozen all-star dancers, a DJ, a violinist, and MC Kurtis Blow, one of Hip Hop’s founding fathers.
- Dec. 23 – Nutcracker! Magical Christmas Ballet – Nothing says Christmas more than a Nutcracker experience at the Fox Theatre! Gather friends and family to re-live your fondest childhood dreams, overflowing with larger-than-life puppets, breath-taking acrobatics, and dazzling costumes.
- Dec. 31- Gucci Mane and Friends – Looking for something to do this New Year’s night? Gucci Mane and Friends will be in the house at the Fox Theatre on Dec. 31 at 8 p.m. More information around artist lineup and event details coming soon.
More holiday fun around Atlanta: