The Fox Theatre opens its doors for 14th annual Holiday Extravaganza FREE event on December 17th, 2019, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
This event is a way the Fox gives back to the community. It features “Mighty Mo,” the 3,622-pipe organ that was custom made for the Fox in 1929. It is the second-largest theater organ in the world, according to Atlanta Magazine.
The Holiday Extravaganza will open with a musical prelude on Might Mo by Ken Doubbe, president of the American Theatre Organ Society.
A special screening of Steamboat Willie will follow. This was the very first movie shown at the theater’s opening on Christmas Day 90 years ago! The film will be accompanied by live organ music.
Mighty Mo will also lead a holiday singalong.
Other musical acts include:
- Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics
- Altanta Gay Mens’s Choir
- Decatur High School Choir
Details for the 14th Annual Fox Theatre Holiday Extravaganza event:
- Free event open to the entire family
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Marquee Club opens at 6 p.m.
- 100% chance of snow on Peachtree Street
- On-site family photo opportunities with Santa Claus
- Photo opportunities with the Coca-Cola Classic Polar Bear
- Christmas Carols Sing-A-Long led by the famous “Mighty Mo” organ, one of the largest Mollër theater organs in the world
- A screening of “Steamboat Willie,” the very first movie to be shown at the Fox Theatre on opening day in 1929
- The evening of fun will be hosted by hometown CW-69 entertainment guru Wendell Scott
The Fox Theatre is located in midtown Atlanta, on Peachtree Street near the corner of Ponce de Leon Ave.
Tickets are FREE.
Note that there is a $4.95 order charge racked on, whether you reserve one ticket or six. So, you can save a buck or two if you pool your order with friends.
They will become available on Monday, November 25th at 10 a.m. and they will probably go quickly.
UPDATE: As of 6 p.m. on November 26th, there were still tickets available.
You can reserve your tickets by showing up at the Fox Theatre box office, or by reserving online when they become available.
There is a limit of six (6) passes per person and everyone must have a ticket, including infants.
Upgrade your experience
You can upgrade your experience by purchasing passes to the Marquee Club for $45. The passes usually cost $75 for paid events.
Your Marquee Club pass gives you access to complimentary food, as well as private bars and restrooms that are not available to the general public.
For this event, Marquee Club attendees will have the chance to participate in holiday-themed photo opps with Coca Cola’s famous Polar Bear mascot.
More holiday fun around Atlanta: