[exp] [/exp]Elevate Atlanta: Microcosm looks very cool. I plan to make my way downtown to check it out:
From October 13-21, 2016, Elevate Atlanta: Microcosm will take place in downtown Atlanta, giving you access to a variety of free performances, public art installations, bike tours, food trucks & more.
There are events all week, but here are a few of the happenings:
- 6:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. on Friday, October 14: Block Party. The main stage (located on South Broad Street between Mitchell Street and MLK Jr. Drive) features Bae, Soul Food Cypher, & Bosco. Plus you’ll see the Flux Projects Installation of the Yard Sign Activation Project, the Digital Good Times Experience, & more.
- 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 15: Jortsfest. The free, all-ages music performance event will be held on the roof of the Eyedrum Gallery, and it feature NW-Yani Mo, NE-Pop Weirdos, SE-Yamin Semali, & SW-Shepherds
- 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 15: Elysia Crampton Performance on the roof of Eyedrum Gallery.
- 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 15: Southern Fried Queer Pride presents Sweet Tea Variety Show at Eyedrum Gallery.
- 9:00 p.m.-midnight on Thursday, October 20: Comedy Night at Mammal Gallery featuring David Perdue, Samm Severin, & Kia Comedy, followed by an open mic.
- 8:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.: on Friday, October 21: CHROMA Closing Night performance at Gallery 72.
You’ll find most Elevate Atlanta: Microcosm events at various spots along Broad Street SW in downtown Atlanta.