Creekwater Alpaca Farm in Gwinnett County is opening for tours on most weekends. Come for a visit, and pet and feed Creekwater Farm’s 50 alpacas.
According to the farm’s website, tour groups are limited to around 10 people and happen at an easy pace.
There are also goats, sheep, pigs, geese, and rabbits at the farm. You’ll also find a gift shop filled with products made from alpaca fiber.
The tours are taking place on multiple weekends.
(You can also book a private tour. These start at $45 for two people, plus $10 for each additional person.)
FREE for kids 2 and under
You may also be interested in:
- 4th of July fireworks and celebrations
- Enjoy $2 movies with Regal Summer Express
- 15 summer festivals happening in metro Atlanta
- Have a close-up butterfly encounter this summer
- Complete guide to 2022 free summer concerts
- Enjoy a night under the stars: free outdoor movies in 2022
- Free outdoor community yoga and fitness classes this summer
The farm is located at:
2812 Centerville Rosebud Rd SW
Snellville, GA 30039
Tickets are available for the Alpaca Barn Tours online through Eventbrite — which means a $2.25 fee will be added, as well as sales tax. It is not clear whether tickets are also sold at the gate.
The ticket setup is a little odd, because separate events have been set up for each date of the tour — so you often have to search for Creekwater Alpaca Farm to find all the upcoming dates.
General Admission tickets are good between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
BUY TICKETS via Eventbrite
More upcoming events:
Sunday, January 29, 2023
Sunday, February 5, 2023
Sunday, February 12, 2023
Saturday, February 18, 2023
Sunday, February 19, 2023
Alpaca Farm Days
The 14th annual celebration of National Alpaca Farm Days takes place this September! On a designated weekend, alpaca farms and ranches across the country invite the public in to meet the alpacas, shop for alpaca fleece products, and learn more about these charming animals.
There are two places within a reasonable distance where you can visit with alpacas this month. One is open for barn tours every weekend, all autumn long, while the other is open only on the designated Farm Days weekend — which is Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27th.
Jerae’s Unity Alpacas
1338 Henson Rd
Blairsville, GA 30512
Saturday, Sept. 26th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 27th from 2 to 6 p.m.
This farm in the north Georgia mountains was listed on the Farm Days website as being open on September 26 and 27th.
Tours take 30-60 minutes, including a visit to the farm store. Please text or call Pam at 478-278-0147 to reserve for your preferred day and time.
Fun facts about alpacas
- Alapacas and llamas can cross-breed, and the resulting offspring are called huarizo.
- Alpaca fleece is warmer than sheep’s fleece, less scratchy, water-resistant, and is considered by many to be hypoallergenic.
- The Incas domesticated alpacas over 6,000 years ago, in their native Peru.
- During the mating ritual, the male alpaca emits a throaty vocalization called “orgling.”
- It’s true that alpacas spit when they are annoyed (don’t annoy them!)
- Alpacas naturally have fleece in 16 official colors, including white, grey, black, and many shades of tan to brown. The lighter colors can be dyed in any shade.