UPDATED on 7/8/2020 — According to the Facebook event page, the drive-in movies have been postponed, due to City of Atlanta guidelines on group gatherings. You can see the announcement here.
The Mary Parker Foundation is hosting a pop-up drive-in movie experience at Junction 2800, in southwest Atlanta. We don’t have all the details, but here’s what we know! The films will run from July 11th to October 24th, 2020. They are all expected to be family-friendly movies, and it looks like concessions will be available.
There is a tiered pricing structure — so it’s $5 per person for one to four people, and $20 for a group of 5 of more in a single vehicle.
Gates open at 6 p.m, and the show starts between 8:30 and 9:00, depending on sunset.
We don’t have any word yet whether tailgating with lawn chairs is allowed, or if you’re expected to remain in your vehicle for the film.
The location is:
2800 Campbellton Rd SW
Atlanta, GA 30311
Schedule of upcoming films:
- July 11 — Madea’s Big Happy Family
- July 18 — Madea’s Family Funeral
- July 25 — to be announced
- August 1 — Madea’s Family Reunion
- August 8 — to be announced
- August 15 — to be announced
- August 22 — to be announced
- August 29 — to be announced