The 2019 Black History Month Parade takes place on Saturday, February 23, 2019. The parade starts at 1:00 p.m. in the historic Sweet Auburn district of downtown Atlanta.
The parade route begins at Hurt Park.
Some of the best parade viewing places are:
- Along Peachtree Center Ave., between Gilmer St. and Decatur St.
- Near the Intersection of Peachtree St. and Marietta St. (Near Five Points MARTA Station)
- Along Marietta St., between Woodruff Park and Centennial Olympic Park
The official parade route is as follows:
- Parade begins at Hurt Park, near the intersection of Gilmer St. and Peachtree Center Ave.
- Proceeds south on Peachtree Center Ave. for two blocks to Decatur St.
- Turns right (west) on Decatur St., which then becomes Marietta St.
- Proceeds down several blocks of Marietta St. to Baker St.
- Turns right (east) on Baker St. and enters Centennial Olympic Park at the north entrance (between Baker St. and Centennial Olympic Park Dr.)
Looking for more Black History Month events?
Check these out!
Friday, February 22, 2019
Saturday, February 23, 2019
Sunday, February 24, 2019
Monday, February 25, 2019
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Thursday, February 28, 2019