Amplify Decatur is a 3-day music festival, taking place around downtown Decatur from Friday, April 22nd to Sunday, April 24th, 2022. The main event on Saturday is a paid, ticketed event, with general admission wristbands running $75 on Eventbrite.
There are also a handful of FREE and cheap performances that you can enjoy, and that’s what we’re going to focus on here.
Friday night FREE shows
All of the concerts below take place from 6 to 10 p.m. on April 22nd.
Downtown Decatur Gazebo, 6-10 p.m.
- Tiger Kings at 6 p.m.
- Polly Holiday at 7 p.m.
- Canyonland at 8 p.m.
- Canyonland is Michelle Malone, Doug Kees, and Nelson Nolen (and special guests) playing the greatest ’70s country rock songs of Laurel Canyon. If you like Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, CSN, Emmylou Harris, Jackson Browne, and more, you’ll love Canyonland’s stripped-down versions of these classic singer-songwriter tunes with acoustic guitars, mandolin, percussion, and three-part harmonies.
Brick Store Pub, 6-10 p.m.
- Kristen Englenz
- Mark Miller
Mellow Mushroom, 6-10 p.m.
- James Richards and friends
Leon’s Full Service, 6-10 p.m.
- The Bantam Breaks
- Mermaid Motor Lounge
Friday night — ticketed concerts
Waller’s Coffee Shop, 8-10 p.m.
- Donna and the Wolfman
- Tickets are $10 via Eventbrite (plus 80-cents sales tax)
Eddie’s Attic, 7 p.m.
- Becky Shaw, Caroline Herring, Emily Backus
- Tickets via Eventbrite are $15 (plus fees and tax) per person — requires a purchase of 4, 8, or 12 tickets for a reserved table.
Eddies Attic, 9:30 p.m.
- Curtis Grimes
- Tickets via Eventbrite are $20 (plus fees and tax) per person — requires a purchase of 4, 8, or 12 tickets for a reserved table.
4 p.m. – S.G. Goodman
5 p.m. – The War and Treaty
6:15 p.m. – Son Volt
7:30 p.m. – Ben Harper
9:30 p.m. – Old Crow Medicine Show
For more info on the Saturday music festival, visit the Amplify Decatur website.
You may also be interested in:
- Complete guide to Atlanta spring festivals -- March, April, & May
- Midtown Garden Stroll: Tour gorgeous private gardens for FREE
- 40+ egg hunts, pics with the Easter Bunny, and more
- Atlanta Fair returns to Turner Field this spring
- The Atlanta Dogwood Festival at Piedmont Park
More free events:
Saturday, January 28, 2023
Sunday, January 29, 2023
Monday, January 30, 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Thursday, February 2, 2023
Friday, February 3, 2023