The Atlanta Braves have settled into their new home at SunTrust Park.
Want to check it out? Watching the Braves play doesn’t have to be expensive–single-game tickets for the 2017 season start at $5, plus discount tickets are available for most Atlanta Braves games. Even better: The Braves listened to fan feedback & decided to continue the tradition of allowing folks to bring in outside food to games, making your outing even more affordable. Per the rules: You may bring in food as long as it fits inside a clear, gallon-sized plastic bag; limit one bag and one sealed bottle of water per ticketholder.
Fans of concerts & baseball get an even better deal: You’ll be treated to a free post-game concert after select games:
- July 16 vs. Arizona D-backs: Post-game performance featuring NEEDTOBREATHE
- August 19 vs. Washington Nationals: Post-game performance featuring MC Hammer
- September 23 vs. Washington Nationals: Post-game performance featuring Fitz & the Tantrums
FYI–If they have the same post-game concert procedures at SunTrust Park as they did at Turner Field, you can purchase cheap seats for the game & then move down for the concert.
And you can watch a fireworks display after select games during the 2017 season, including June 23 vs. Milwaukee Brewers, July 4 vs. Houston Astros, July 14 vs. Arizona D-backs, August 4 vs. Miami Marlins, August 18 vs. Cincinnati Reds, August 25 vs. Colorado Rockies, September 8 vs. Miami Marlins, September 15 vs. New York Mets, & September 22 vs. Philadelphia Phillies.
Want to cheer on the Braves on the cheap? Here’s the current list of ticket deals for the 2017 season:
- On Coca-Cola $12 Tuesdays, $12 buys your ticket in the Vista Reserved section.
- Thursdays are College Night at SunTrust Park. College students with ID will receive $10 off their seats in the Home Run Porch.
- Military discounts are available for every home game at SunTrust Park. With a valid ID, you’ll save $10 off seats in the Home Run Porch or 50% off seats in the Grandstand Reserved.
- You can stretch your buck a bit more when you head out for certain themed game-day events, such as Christmas in July on July 15 vs. Arizona D-backs, Hank Aaron Heritage Weekend on August 18 & 19 vs. the Cincinnati Reds, Choptoberfest on September 9 vs. the Miami Marlins, & more. There are promotions all season long, giving you plenty of ways to get more for your money. Sorry, fans of four-legged friends: I don’t see any Bark in the Park days on the calendar for the 2017 season.
- Plus you can snag ticket packages for special events all season long: LGBT Night ticket package on June 23 vs. Milwaukee Brewers, GSU ticket package on June 24 vs. Milwaukee Brewers, Autism Awareness ticket package on June 25 vs. Milwaukee Brewers, Childhood Cancer Awareness ticket package on September 10 vs. Miami Marlins, Girl Scouts ticket package on September 16 vs. New York Mets, Boy Scouts ticket package on September 17 vs. New York Mets, First Responders ticket package on September 21 vs. Washington Nationals, & Boy Scouts ticket package on September 24 vs. Philadelphia Phillies.
- You have two options for 2017’s Atlanta Braves Kids Club memberships: Premium or free. The Premium membership is $25, and it includes VIP access to Kids Run the Bases after Sunday home games; a Dansby Swanson Kids Club jersey, drawstring bag, & wristband; two passes to a VIP Batting Practice Experience for select Monday-Wednesday games; BOGO tickets to select Braves home games; a 10% discount on select merchandise at Braves Clubhouse Store at CNN Center; & more. With the free version, kids will get a Braves passport to earn prizes for attending games & ticket offer emails.
- A note on ticketing: When it comes to regular-priced tickets, buy in advance to save a bit. Prices do fluctuate throughout the season based on market demand, so the earlier you buy your tickets, the cheaper they’re likely to be.
SunTrust Park is located at 755 Battery Avenue, Atlanta.