[exp] [/exp]On October 26 & 28, 2013, Boofest: Beyond the Norm will take place in downtown historic Norcross. Part Halloween Festival, part Day of the dead celebration, Boofest offers two days of family-friendly fun in Norcross.
Here’s the lineup:
Saturday, October 26
- 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.:Free Dia de Muertos- & Halloween-themed storytelling & kids’ crafts
- 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.: Storytelling in Thrasher Park Gazebo
- 4:30 p.m.: The Mask Parade begins at Lillian Webb Park and marches down Jones Street into Thrasher Park. Costumes encouraged, and you can compete in the best decorated bike & baby stroller categories, too.
- 5:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.: Aztec dancers will perform traditional Day of the Dead folk dances in the Thrasher Park amphitheater.
- 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Free hayrides, trick-or-treating downtown, Day of the Dead altars, & more
- 8:30 p.m. & on: Adult fun at Iron Horse Tavern, tequila tasting at Zapata, plus “Little Bites” and “Sips of Spirits” at participating restaurants and shops throughout downtown.
Monday, October 28
An evening of live music at the Norcross Community Center (10 College St.)
- 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.: Kids can enjoy an “instrument petting zoo.”
- 7:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Summerour Middle School’s Youth Orchestra will perform.
- 7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.: A large ensemble of the ASO’s musicians will perform, organized by Violinist Juan Ramirez who promises music from Argentina, Cuba and Mexico, including classic tangos.