Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates, follow @atlcheap on Twitter, like Atlanta on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
We’ll be heading back to Stone Mountain Park soon. The kids loved Geyser Tower, but they weren’t quite brave enough to try Sky Hike (an adventure course). They’ve been psyching themselves up since last April, & I think they’re ready to give it a try. And Spring FUN Break includes extras, like JUMP! The Ultimate Dog Show, Hop, Skip, & Splash Meet and Greet with Splash the Duck & the Easter Bunny, & April Fool’s Wacky Wonderland, to name a few.
Want to check it out on the cheap? You’ve got a few ways to save:
1) As always, if you’re planning to go more than once (and there’s so much to do, you’ll probably need to), buy the Mountain Membership, a.k.a. the season pass. In addition to unlimited admission, Mountain Members save on tickets to Snow Mountain & Ride the ducks, get an extra discount on a parking pass, & more. Even better:The Mountain Members PLUS pass includes tickets to Snow Mountain & Ride the Ducks, annual parking, & other perks. If you’re renewing your membership, wait until you get to the park to do it, as you’ll save a bit.
2) Thanks to pair of online offers, you can save on admission to Spring FUN Break. For a limited time, you’ll save $5 when you buy your Adventure Pass online before you go. Or you can take advantage of an Adventure Pass Meal Deal & get a free meal & unlimited drink refills with the purchase of an Adventure Pass. Both deals are available online only.
3) Members of the military with ID can purchase an Adventure Pass for $19.99 + tax at the gate. The deal is valid for active or retired military, disabled veterans, and military reservists, spouses and dependents when valid military personnel IDs and dependent IDs are presented.
4) Mountain Members & Mountain Member PLUS passholders can download & print a coupon to Bring a Friend free from April 5-6, 2014. There’s a limit of one complimentary Adventure Pass per Mountain Member per visit, and you’ll need to bring the coupon to the Crossroads Ticket Plaza & along with your pass to get the deal. Future Bring a Friend dates include May 31 & June 1, September 27 & 28, and November 8 & 9, 2014.
5) Thanks to an offer from Gas South, you can save up to 25% on an Adventure Pass, Mountain Member pass or Mountain Member Plus pass to Stone Mountain Park.
A note about parking: If you walk or ride a bike to Stone Mountain Park, there’s no parking fee. Otherwise, it’s $10. If you must drive & aren’t opting to buy a Mountain Member or Mountain Member PLUS pass, spring for the $35 annual permit if you you live near Stone Mountain Park & plan to visit at least four times a year, whether to take advantage of free special events or the park’s free outdoor activities and laser show.
Stone Mountain Park is located at 1000 Robert E. Lee Dr., Stone Mountain. Technically, the main entrance is located at U.S. Highway 78 East, Exit 8, Stone Mountain, but online mapping programs often don’t like the address. 770-498-5690.