Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates, follow @atlcheap on Twitter, like Atlanta on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
Stone Mountain Christmas gets you in the holiday spirit with two million+ lights, festive music, visits with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster, performances of A Christmas Carol & Holly Jolly Cabaret, rides on the Singalong Christmas Train, screenings of Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas 4-D, pictures with the Snow Angel & her toy soldiers at Snow Angel Palace, visits with Santa Claus, a Crossroads Christmas Parade with a Snow Angel Snowfall and Fireworks Finale, &more.
And you can play on Snow Mountain from November 22, 2014, through February 22, 2015. A Snow Mountain pass or Mountain Member PLUS pass is required to play. If you’re not familiar with Snow Mountain, here are the basics:
- The 400-foot tubing hill offers two experiences–Avalanche Alley is for multiple riders while Tube Runners is designed for single riders.
- In the Snow Zone, kids can play at Penguin Run (turrets, tunnels, & mid-sized slides), build a snowman, shoot snowballs at targets, or build an igloo.
- Kids ages three & under can play in the Little Angels section.
Want to head out on the cheap? Take advantage of one of these deals:
- While they last, $21 = one ticket to Stone Mountain Christmas at Stone Mountain Park, thanks to a deal on Groupon.
- A Christmas at Stone Mountain & Snow Mountain combo pass is $44.95 online at Stone Mountain Park. The deal is valid for select dates. The dates overlap on most days from November 22, 2014-January 4, 2015, so plan to head out during that time frame if you plan to enjoy both experiences in the same day. Or you can buy the combo pass & enjoy your Christmas at Stone Mountain & Snow Mountain experiences on different dates. Plus, there’s a combo pass meal deal for $49.95, which gets you a meal ticket redeemable at select Stone Mountain Park restaurants, hot chocolate, unlimited refills of Coca-Cola beverages, & admission to Stone Mountain Christmas & Snow Mountain.
- As always, if you’re planning to go more than once (and there’s so much to do, you’ll probably need to), buy the Mountain Membership, a.k.a. the season pass. In addition to unlimited admission, Mountain Members save on tickets to Snow Mountain & Ride the ducks, get an extra discount on a parking pass, & more. Even better:The Mountain Members PLUS pass includes tickets to Snow Mountain & Ride the Ducks, annual parking, & other perks. If you’re renewing your membership, wait until you get to the park to do it, as you’ll save a bit.
- For a limited time, you can take advantage of an Adventure Pass Meal Deal & get a free meal & unlimited drink refills with the purchase of an Adventure Pass. The deal is available online only, and it’s $29.95 for adults & $24.95 for children ages 3-11.
- Members of the military with ID can purchase an Adventure Pass for $21.95 + tax at the gate. The deal is valid for active or retired military, disabled veterans, and military reservists, spouses and dependents when valid military personnel IDs and dependent IDs are presented.
- Thanks to an online offer, you can save $5 on an Adventure Pass when you buy it in advance.
- A Snow Mountain passis regularly $28.
- Mountain Members & Mountain Members Plus can bring a friend free to Stone Mountain Christmas at Stone Mountain Park. There’s a limit of one complimentary Adventure Pass per Mountain Member per visit, and you’ll need to bring the coupon to the Crossroads Ticket Plaza & along with your pass to get the deal. The Bring-a-Friend coupon is valid on November 8 & 9, 2014, only.
- Thanks to an offer from Gas South, you can save up to 25% on an Adventure Pass, Mountain Member pass, or Mountain Member Plus pass to Stone Mountain Park.
A note about parking: If you walk or ride a bike to Stone Mountain Park, there’s no parking fee. Otherwise, it’s $10. If you must drive & aren’t opting to buy a Mountain Member or Mountain Member PLUS pass, spring for the $35 annual permit if you you live near Stone Mountain Park & plan to visit at least four times a year, whether to take advantage of free special events or the park’s free outdoor activities and laser show.
Stone Mountain Park is located at 1000 Robert E. Lee Dr., Stone Mountain. Technically, the main entrance is located at U.S. Highway 78 East, Exit 8, Stone Mountain, but online mapping programs often don’t like the address.