Want to explore the High Museum of Art on the Cheap? Take advantage of a discount ticket deal (or, even better, free admission) to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, no coupon code required.
1) For a limited time, $65 buys a one-year dual membership for two adults with two complimentary one-time guest passes OR a one-year family membership with free workshops for up to two adults and their children or grandchildren age 17 and younger at the High Museum of Art, thanks to a deal on Groupon.
2) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, April 4, 2014. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get the free admission on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
3) Beginning Wednesday, March 5, 2014, you can get free parking in the Woodruff Arts Center parking garage every Wednesday from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with admission to The High. This promotion is only valid with admission to the High on Wednesdays beginning March 5 until May 28, 2014. Parking passes are available at the Museum’s ticket desk on the same day of visit.
4) On Sundays, The High Museum of Art offers free admission for all military personnel, along with their immediate families, during regular admission hours. And from Tuesday through Saturday, active military personnel receive FREE admission to the Museum during regular admission hours. You must show a valid military ID to get the deal.
5) Friday, March 7, 2014, is a Pay-What-You-Wish day at The High. The deal kicks off the new extended hours at The High, which will now be open every Friday night from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Can’t make it? No worries: You can get half-off admission every Friday from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Even better: The half-price admission deal is valid for Friday Jazz, too, which takes place on the third Friday of the month.
6) Wednesday, March 5, 2014, is a Senior Day at The High. From 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m., $10 buys you admission & audio guides for seniors age 65+.
7) Other ongoing discounts: Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
8) If you’re planning to visit multiple attractions in Atlanta, take advantage of the Atlanta CityPASS to save almost 50% on admission to five Atlanta-area attractions. The Georgia Aquarium ticket includes a Deepo Pass with Expedited Entry, Deepo’s 4-D theater, and the Dolphin Tales show (based on availability). The World of Coca-Cola ticket includes admission, the 4-D theatre, and a free keepsake bottle from the museum. Other attractions included are Inside CNN Studio Tour, Fernbank (includes IMAX, too) OR High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta (includes All-Rides Wristband) OR Atlanta History Center. It’s valid for nine days, and if you plan it right, you’ll have two full weekends + the weekdays in between to get to all of the attractions.
Curious about what you’ll see while you’re there? Here are a few of the exhibitions at The High:
- On view through April 13, 2014: Go West! Art of the American Frontier from the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- On view through June 1, 2014: Civil Rights Photography: 1956-1968
- On view through June 8, 2014: Bangles to Benches:
Contemporary Jewelry and Design
- On view through June 15, 2014: A Decade of David C. Driskell
- On view through September 14, 2014: African Mask/Masquerade: More Than Meets the Eye
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.