Want to explore the High Museum of Art on the cheap? Take advantage of a discount ticket deal (or, even better, free admission) to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, no coupon code required.
1) While they last, $19 buys two adult admissions to the High Museum of Art, thanks to a deal on Groupon.
2) While it lasts, $65 buys a one-year dual or family membership to the High Museum of Art, thanks to a deal on Sweetjack.
3) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, February 7, 2015. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get the free admission on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
4) On Sundays & Tuesdays, all active & veteran military personnel as well as their immediate family members will receive free admission to The High Museum of Art & free parking in the Woodruff Arts Center deck with proof of service. Proof of service includes valid military, retiree, military/retiree dependent identification card or a DD Form 214 (Report of Separation).
5) During Friday Night Lates, you can get half-off admission every Friday from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Even better: The half-price admission deal is valid for Friday Night Music Remix, too, which takes place on the third Friday of the month & showcases live music by artists of all genres. The next Friday Night Music Remix will take place on January 16, 2015, and it features Black Sheep Ensemble, a group made up of Atlanta street musicians and performance artists.
6) Through June 7, 2015, you’ll receive $5 off admission to The High on if you show your ticket stub from the Center for Civil & Human Rights. The deal works in reverse, too: If you visit the High Museum of Art in the same time frame, you can show your ticket stub to save $3 on admission to The Center for Civil & Human Rights.
7) Other ongoing discounts: Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
8) If you’re planning to visit multiple attractions in Atlanta, take advantage of the Atlanta CityPASS to save almost 50% on admission to five Atlanta-area attractions. The Georgia Aquarium ticket includes a Deepo Pass with Expedited Entry, Deepo’s 4-D theater, and the Dolphin Tales show (based on availability). The World of Coca-Cola ticket includes admission, the 4-D theatre, and a free keepsake bottle from the museum. Other attractions included are Inside CNN Studio Tour, Fernbank (includes IMAX, too) OR High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta (includes All-Rides Wristband) OR Atlanta History Center. It’s valid for nine days, and if you plan it right, you’ll have two full weekends + the weekdays in between to get to all of the attractions.
Curious about what you’ll see while you’re there? Here are a few of the current exhibitions at The High:
- On view through January 18, 2015: Wynn Bullock: Revelations
- On view through January 18, 2015: American Encounters: Anglo-American Portraiture in an Era of Revolution
- On view through January 18, 2015: The Forty Part Motet by Janet Cardiff
- On view through May 10, 2015: Dox Thrash: An American Journey
- On view through May 24, 2015: José Parlá: Segmented Realities
- On view through May 31, 2015: A Painter’s Profile: The High Celebrates Romare Bearden
- On view through May 31, 2015: Helen Levitt: In the Street
- On view through June 7, 2015: Gordon Parks: Segregation Story
- On view February 7-June 6, 2015: Earl Pardon’s Portable Art: Jewelry and Design
- On view February 14-May 24, 2015: Imagining New Worlds: Wifredo Lam, José Parlá, and Fahamu Pecou
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.