Want to explore the High Museum of Art on the Cheap? Take advantage of a discount ticket deal (or, even better, free admission) to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, no coupon code required.
1) While they last, $65 buys a one-year dual or family membership to The High Museum of Art, thanks to a deal on Sweetjack.
2) Through August 31, 2014, you can get free or cheap parking in the Woodruff Arts Center parking garage with admission to The High. From 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on weekdays, parking is $5 for members & $8 for nonmembers; must show proof of High Museum admission upon exit from the garage to get the deal. And seniors (age 65+) can park free from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on Wednesday; must show proof of High Museum senior admission upon exit from the garage to get the deal.
3) With the Fast Track Lunch deal, $17 buys one adult admission to Dream Cars at The High, and a sandwich or salad plus a Coca-Cola soft drink or Dasani water at High Cafe or C.J.’s Coffee Cart. The Fast Track Lunch is a walk-up only deal, and it’s available from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on Tuesday-Thursday through August 31, 2014.
4) Thanks to the Blue Star Museums program, all military, including active duty, National Guard, reserves, & veterans, as well as up to five family members receive free admission to The High Museum of Art. The deal is valid through September 1, 2014. Plus, all military receive 20% off regular-priced items in the Museum Shop. You must show a valid military ID to get the deal.
5) During Friday Night Lates, you can get half-off admission every Friday from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Even better: The half-price admission deal is valid for Friday Night Music Remix, too, which takes place on the third Friday of the month & showcases live music by artists of all genres. The September 19, 2014, concert features an evening of jazz with Joe Gransden.
6) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, September 6, 2014. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get the free admission on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
7) During SWAPtember, if you show your membership card for a participating Atlanta attraction (Zoo Atlanta, Carlos Museum, Tellus, Georgia Aquarium, Children’s Museum of Atlanta, Atlanta Botanical Garden, Atlanta History Center, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, & more), you’ll save $5 on admission OR $10 on a membership to The High. The deal is valid from September 1-30, 2014.
8) The High will be open from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. on Labor Day, Monday, September 1, 2014. If you use coupon code “FOOTBALL” when you order tickets online or wear a college football jersey, you’ll get half-off admission to The High. The deal is valid on Labor Day only.
9) Other ongoing discounts: Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
10) If you’re planning to visit multiple attractions in Atlanta, take advantage of the Atlanta CityPASS to save almost 50% on admission to five Atlanta-area attractions. The Georgia Aquarium ticket includes a Deepo Pass with Expedited Entry, Deepo’s 4-D theater, and the Dolphin Tales show (based on availability). The World of Coca-Cola ticket includes admission, the 4-D theatre, and a free keepsake bottle from the museum. Other attractions included are Inside CNN Studio Tour, Fernbank (includes IMAX, too) OR High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta (includes All-Rides Wristband) OR Atlanta History Center. It’s valid for nine days, and if you plan it right, you’ll have two full weekends + the weekdays in between to get to all of the attractions.
Curious about what you’ll see while you’re there? Here are a few of the exhibitions at The High:
- On view through September 14, 2014: Dream Cars: Innovative Design, Visionary Ideas
- On view through September 14, 2014: African Mask/Masquerade: More Than Meets the Eye
- On view through November 2, 2014: Painter’s Painters: Gifts from Alex Katz
- On view through January 4, 2015: Top Drawer, a selection of drawings from four of the museum’s curatorial departments
- On view through January 2015: Wynn Bullock: Revelations
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.
Bonus: On select days, you can head out for Mi Casa, Your Casa Performances on Sifly Piazza. Here’s the lineup for the rest of August & September:
Friday, August 29:
- 7:45 p.m.: Atlanta Ballet’s Wabi Sabi with live music by Sonic Generator
Friday, September 5:
- Programming TBD
Friday, September 12:
- 7:00 p.m.: Théâtre du Réve, Atlanta’s French-language theater company, presents “Pillow Talk sur l’oreiller”
Friday, September 19-Thursday, September 25:
- WonderRoot artist installation
Friday, September 26:
- 8:00 p.m.: CORE Performance Company presents the World Premiere of the site-specific dance/performance “a home is a home is a home”