We’ll be heading back to the High Museum of Art soon to play, as these are lots of fun: Through November 29, 2015, you can take a spin on one of the Los Trompos (spinning tops) in Sifly Piazza.
We’re members, so we always wander in to the museum to check out the exhibitions while we’re there. Not a member? Want to explore the High Museum of Art on the cheap? Take advantage of a discount ticket deal (or, even better, free admission) to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, no coupon code required.
1) While they last, $65 buys a one-year dual or family membership to the High Museum of Art, thanks to a deal on Sweetjack.
2) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, June 6, 2015. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get free admission on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
3) All active & veteran military personnel as well as up to three immediate family members will receive free admission to The High Museum of Art & free parking in the Woodruff Arts Center deck with proof of service. Proof of service includes valid military, retiree, military/retiree dependent identification card or a DD Form 214 (Report of Separation).
4) During Friday Night Lates, you can get half-off admission every Friday from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Even better: The half-price admission deal is valid for Friday Night Music Remix, too, which takes place on the third Friday of the month & showcases live music by artists of all genres. The next Friday Night Music Remix will take place on June 19, 2015, and it features Joe Gransden. Can’t make it? On July 17, Friday Night Music Remix will feature Caleb Warren and the Perfect Gentlemen.
5) Through June 21, 2015, you’ll receive $5 off admission to The High on if you show your ticket stub from the Center for Civil & Human Rights. The deal works in reverse, too: If you visit the High Museum of Art in the same time frame, you can show your ticket stub to save $3 on admission to The Center for Civil & Human Rights.
6) Other ongoing discounts: Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
7) While they last, $34.62 buys one ticket to each of the following attractions: Atlanta Botanical Garden, Children’s Museum of Atlanta, Fernbank Museum, High Museum of Art, Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA), no coupon code required, thanks to a deal on Poshdealz.
8) And while they last, $30 buys two tickets to the High Museum of Art + a $20 gift card to Fifth Group Restaurants (The Original El Taco, La Tavola, South City Kitchen, Lure, & more), thanks to a deal on Poshdealz.
Curious about what you’ll see while you’re there? Here are a few of the current exhibitions at The High:
- On view through June 7, 2015: Earl Pardon’s Portable Art: Jewelry and Design
- On view through June 21, 2015: Gordon Parks: Segregation Story
- On view through June 21, 2015: Leonard Freed: Black in White America
- On view through July 5, 2015: A Painter’s Profile: The High Celebrates Romare Bearden
- On view through July 12, 2015: Helen Levitt: In the Street
- On view through October 4, 2015: The Coca-Cola Bottle
- On view through January 10, 2016: Seriously Silly! The art & whimsy of Mo Willems
And mark your calendar for upcoming exhibitions:
- On view June 21-September 6, 2015: Alex Katx, This is Now
- On view June 21-September 13, 2015: The Modernist Jewelry of Art Smith
- On view September 26, 2015-January 31, 2016: American Encounters: The Simple Pleasures of Still Life
- On view October 18, 2015-January 17, 2016: Habsburg Splendor: Masterpieces from Vienna’s Imperial Collections
- On view November 7, 2015-May 15, 2016: Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion
- On view June 12, 2016-August 14, 2015: Out of the Box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture
Bonus: As part of the Los Trompos exhibition, there’ll be free events in Sifly Piazza. Here are a few:
- June 5: Theatre Argo’s performance of Sueño de Los Trompos (Dream of the Spinning Tops)
- June 5 & 19: Dad’s Garage Theatre
- June 7, July 12, August 9, & September 27: The Institute of Mexican Culture
- July 10-12: Alliance Theatre Teen Summer Camps production of Beowulf; a retelling of the classical story set against the music of the ladies of the ’80s, including Janet Jackson, Blondie & more
- July 17 & August 7: Ben Coleman’s performance of Zoetrope
- July 31-August 2: Alliance Theatre Teen Ensemble’s interactive performance experience exploring different principles of multi-player gaming
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.