We’ll be heading back to the High Museum of Art soon to play, as these are lots of fun: Through November 29, 2015, you can take a spin on one of the Los Trompos (spinning tops) in Sifly Piazza.
We’re members, so we always wander in to the museum to check out the exhibitions while we’re there. Not a member? Want to explore the High Museum of Art on the cheap? Take advantage of a discount ticket deal (or, even better, free admission) to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, no coupon code required.
1) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, October 3, 2015. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get free admission on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
2) All active & veteran military personnel as well as up to three immediate family members will receive free admission to The High Museum of Art & free parking in the Woodruff Arts Center deck with proof of service. Proof of service includes valid military, retiree, military/retiree dependent identification card or a DD Form 214 (Report of Separation).
3) During Friday Night Lates, you can get half-off admission every Friday from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Even better: The half-price admission deal is valid for Friday Night Music Remix, too, which takes place on the third Friday of the month & showcases live music by artists of all genres. The next Friday Night Music Remix will take place on October 16, 2015, and it features Rasheeda Ali & Mr. Blue Sky. And mark your calendar: On November 20, Friday Night Music Remix doubles as the Los Trompos closing concert; it features Oryx & Crake and Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics.
4) Other ongoing discounts: Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
5) While they last, $30 buys two tickets to the High Museum of Art + a $20 gift card to Fifth Group Restaurants (The Original El Taco, La Tavola, South City Kitchen, Lure, & more), thanks to a deal on Poshdealz.
6) Mark your calendars: November is College Month at the High Museum of Art. College students with ID can purchase walk-up & online tickets for $5 each. Plus, College Night will take place on November 13, 2015. There’ll be live music, an Iris van Herpen-inspired Makers Space, scavenger hunts, & more. Plus on College Night, students can save $10 on a one-year membership to The High.
Curious about what you’ll see while you’re there? Here are a few of the current exhibitions at The High:
- On view through October 4, 2015: The Coca-Cola Bottle
- On view through October 4, 2015: Sprawl! Drawing Outside the Lines
- On view through January 10, 2016: Brett Weston (photographs)
- On view through January 10, 2016: Seriously Silly! The art & whimsy of Mo Willems
- On view through January 31, 2016: American Encounters: The Simple Pleasures of Still Life
And mark your calendar for upcoming exhibitions:
- On view October 18, 2015-January 17, 2016: Habsburg Splendor: Masterpieces from Vienna’s Imperial Collections
- On view November 7, 2015-May 15, 2016: Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion
- On view February 28-May 29, 2016: Basquiat: The Unknown Notebooks
- On view February 28-May 29, 2016: Vik Muniz
- On view June 12, 2016-August 14, 2016: Out of the Box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture
Bonus: As part of the Los Trompos exhibition, there’ll be free events in Sifly Piazza. Here are a few:
- October 2: T. Lang Dance’s performance of LIT: Variation #9
- October 16: T. Lang Dance’s performance of LIT: Variation #9
- November 6: Atlanta Ballet’s Wabi Sabi’s WHIM
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.