We’ll be heading back to the High Museum of Art soon to play, as these are lots of fun: Through November 29, 2015, you can take a spin on one of the Los Trompos (spinning tops) in Sifly Piazza.
We’re members, so we always wander in to the museum to check out the exhibitions while we’re there. Not a member? Want to explore the High Museum of Art on the cheap? Take advantage of a discount ticket deal (or, even better, free admission) to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, no coupon code required.
1) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, August 1, 2015. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get free admission on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
2) All active & veteran military personnel as well as up to three immediate family members will receive free admission to The High Museum of Art & free parking in the Woodruff Arts Center deck with proof of service. Proof of service includes valid military, retiree, military/retiree dependent identification card or a DD Form 214 (Report of Separation).
3) Through August 30, 2015, you can take advantage of a Summer Parking Special at the Woodruff Arts Center. From 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday, parking is $5 for members of the High Museum of Art & $8 for nonmembers. Bonus: Seniors ages 65+ receive free parking every Wednesday until 3:00 p.m.
4) During Friday Night Lates, you can get half-off admission every Friday from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Even better: The half-price admission deal is valid for Friday Night Music Remix, too, which takes place on the third Friday of the month & showcases live music by artists of all genres. The next Friday Night Music Remix will take place on August 21, 2015, and it features Russell Gunn & Jason Collier. Can’t make it? On September 18, Friday Night Music Remix will feature Common Ground Collective.
5) Other ongoing discounts: Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
6) While they last, $30 buys two tickets to the High Museum of Art + a $20 gift card to Fifth Group Restaurants (The Original El Taco, La Tavola, South City Kitchen, Lure, & more), thanks to a deal on Poshdealz.
7) On September 26, 2015, you can get free admission for two to the High Museum of Art, thanks to Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live promotion. Beginning August 1, 2015, you can register online to get your free admission pass.
Curious about what you’ll see while you’re there? Here are a few of the current exhibitions at The High:
- On view through August 23, 2015: Bangles to Benches: Contemporary Jewelry and Design
- On view through September 6, 2015: Alex Katx, This is Now
- On view through September 13, 2015: The Modernist Jewelry of Art Smith
- On view through October 4, 2015: The Coca-Cola Bottle
- On view through October 4, 2015: Sprawl! Drawing Outside the Lines
- On view through January 10, 2016: Brett Weston (photographs)
- On view through January 10, 2016: Seriously Silly! The art & whimsy of Mo Willems
And mark your calendar for upcoming exhibitions:
- On view September 26, 2015-January 31, 2016: American Encounters: The Simple Pleasures of Still Life
- On view October 18, 2015-January 17, 2016: Habsburg Splendor: Masterpieces from Vienna’s Imperial Collections
- On view November 7, 2015-May 15, 2016: Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion
- On view June 12, 2016-August 14, 2016: Out of the Box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture
Bonus: As part of the Los Trompos exhibition, there’ll be free events in Sifly Piazza. Here are a few:
- July 31-August 2: Alliance Theatre Teen Ensemble’s interactive performance experience exploring different principles of multi-player gaming
- August 7: Ben Coleman’s performance of Zoetrope
- August 9: Performances organized by The Institute of Mexican Culture
- August 21: Atlanta Ballet’s Wabi Sabi
- September 4: Atlanta Opera’s performance of Toperoke + The Object Group
- September 18: The Object Group
- September 27: Performances organized by The Institute of Mexican Culture
- November 6: Atlanta Ballet’s Wabi Sabi
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.