If you haven’t seen the Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion exhibition, I vote for going. It’s amazing. Herpen’s blend of technology, unique materials, & design make it a fitting display for The High. You’ll see dresses that were 3D printed, pieces that incorporate oddities like umbrella tines, works crafted from unusual materials like steel blended with silk, & more.
Want to explore the High Museum of Art on the cheap? Take advantage of a discount ticket deal (or, even better, free admission) to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, no coupon code required.
1) While they last, $30 buys admission for two to the High Museum of Art + a $20 gift card to Fifth Group Restaurants (South City Kitchen, The Original El Taco, La Tavola, Ecco, Lure, & more), thanks to a deal on Poshdealz.
2) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, March 5, 2016. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get free admission on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
3) On the second Sunday of the month, everyone receives free admission to the High Museum of Art as part of the Second Sunday Fundays activities at the Woodruff Arts Center. Admission is free from 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. with family-friendly programming from noon-5:00 p.m. The next Second Sunday Fundays will take place on February 14, 2016.
4) All active & veteran military personnel as well as up to three immediate family members will receive free admission to The High Museum of Art & free parking in the Woodruff Arts Center deck with proof of service. Proof of service includes valid military, retiree, military/retiree dependent identification card or a DD Form 214 (Report of Separation).
5) During Friday Night Lates, you can get half-off admission every Friday from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Even better: The half-price admission deal is valid for Friday Night Music Remix, too, which takes place on the third Friday of the month & showcases live music by artists of all genres.
6) Other ongoing discounts: Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
Curious about what you’ll see while you’re there? Here are a few of the current exhibitions at The High:
- On view through May 15, 2016: Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion
- On view through May 22, 2016: What is Near: Reflections on Home
And mark your calendar for upcoming exhibitions:
- On view February 13-May 1, 2016: Green Pastures: In Memory of Thornton Dial, Sr.
- On view February 28-May 29, 2016: Basquiat: The Unknown Notebooks
- On view February 28-May 29, 2016: Vik Muniz (contemporary photographer)
- On view June 11, 2016-September 25, 2016: Walker Evans (20th-century documentary photographer)
- On view June 12, 2016-August 14, 2016: Out of the Box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture
- On view April 2, 2016-January 8, 2017: Eric Carle (creator of picture books for young children).
Want a little something extra while you’re there? Head out for an event at The High. Here are a few:
- Sunday, February 14, 2016: Family Festival at the Woodruff Arts Center + Second Sunday Fundays (both are free during event hours)
- Friday, February 19, 2016: Friday Jazz featuring Tybee Quartet.
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.