We’re heading to the High Museum of Art soon to play, as this looks like fun: Through November 29, 2015, we can take a spin on one of the Los Trompos (spinning tops) in Sifly Piazza.
We’re members, so we’ll definitely head in to the museum to check out the exhibitions while we’re there. Not a member? Want to explore the High Museum of Art on the cheap? Take advantage of a discount ticket deal (or, even better, free admission) to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, no coupon code required.
1) While they last, $65 buys a one-year dual or family membership to the High Museum of Art, thanks to a deal on Sweetjack. Only want to go for the day? Through May 1, 2015, you can take advantage of the Atlanta Museum Week deal and print & use a coupon good for two-for-one admission to the High Museum of Art.
2) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, May 2, 2015. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get the free admission on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
3) On Sundays & Tuesdays, all active & veteran military personnel as well as their immediate family members will receive free admission to The High Museum of Art & free parking in the Woodruff Arts Center deck with proof of service. Proof of service includes valid military, retiree, military/retiree dependent identification card or a DD Form 214 (Report of Separation).
4) During Friday Night Lates, you can get half-off admission every Friday from 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Even better: The half-price admission deal is valid for Friday Night Music Remix, too, which takes place on the third Friday of the month & showcases live music by artists of all genres. The next Friday Night Music Remix will take place on May 15, 2015, and it features Alex Lattimore.
5) Through June 7, 2015, you’ll receive $5 off admission to The High on if you show your ticket stub from the Center for Civil & Human Rights. The deal works in reverse, too: If you visit the High Museum of Art in the same time frame, you can show your ticket stub to save $3 on admission to The Center for Civil & Human Rights.
6) Other ongoing discounts: Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
7) While they last, $34.62 buys one ticket to each of the following attractions: Atlanta Botanical Garden, Children’s Museum of Atlanta, Fernbank Museum, High Museum of Art, Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA), no coupon code required, thanks to a deal on Poshdealz.
8) And while they last, $30 buys two tickets to the High Museum of Art + a $20 gift card to Fifth Group Restaurants (The Original El Taco, La Tavola, South City Kitchen, Lure, & more), thanks to a deal on Poshdealz.
Curious about what you’ll see while you’re there? Here are a few of the current exhibitions at The High:
- On view through May 10, 2015: Dox Thrash: An American Journey
- On view through May 24, 2015: Imagining New Worlds: Wifredo Lam, José Parlá, and Fahamu Pecou
- On view through May 24, 2015: José Parlá: Segmented Realities
- On view through May 31, 2015: A Painter’s Profile: The High Celebrates Romare Bearden
- On view through May 31, 2015: Helen Levitt: In the Street
- On view through June 6, 2015: Earl Pardon’s Portable Art: Jewelry and Design
- On view through June 7, 2015: Gordon Parks: Segregation Story
- On view through June 21, 2015: Leonard Freed: Black in White America
- On view through October 4, 2015: The Coca-Cola Bottle
Bonus: As part of the Los Trompos exhibition, there’ll be free events in Sifly Piazza. Here are a few:
- May 1: Atlanta Opera’s performance of Toperoke
- July 10-12: Alliance Theatre Teen Summer Camps production of Beowulf; a retelling of the classical story set against the music of the ladies of the ’80s, including Janet Jackson, Blondie & more
- July 31-August 2: Alliance Theatre Teen Ensemble’s interactive performance experience exploring different principles of multi-player gaming
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.