If it’s been a while since you’ve been to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta, now’s the time to head back. The recently renovated space is now home to Gateway to the World, Step Up to Science, and Fundamentally Food exhibitions, as well as a Let Your Creativity Flow area, complete with a new Arts Studio, paint wall, sand tables, & a stage.
Plus through January 16, 2017, they’ll be able to investigate three periods of American history via the Magic Treehouse exhibition, which is based on the best-selling children’s book series written by Mary Pope Osborne.
If you’re planning to treat the kids to a day of play at The Children’s Museum of Atlanta in the coming weeks, you’re in luck: You’ve got a few ways to get discount tickets (or better yet, free admission), no coupon code required:
- While they last, $7.50 buys admission for one to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta, thanks to a deal on PoshDealz.
- While they last, $20 buys admission for two ($38 = admission for four or $54 = admission for six) to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta, thanks to a deal on Groupon.
- On Half-Off Halfternoons, you’ll save 50% on admission to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta. The Half-Off Halfternoons deal will be available starting at 2:00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursday, & Fridays through November 4, 2016, excluding federal holidays. The deal is available at the Welcome Center only.
- On the second Tuesday of the month, Target covers the cost of admission. Target Free Second Tuesdays take place from 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Reservations are not accepted, and you can pick up free timed tickets at the start of the Target Free Second Tuesdays hours. 2016’s Target Free Second Tuesdays will take place on October 11, November 8, & December 13.
- On Fulton County Family Days, Fulton County residents can buy one ticket to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta & get one free. ID is required (Fulton County employee ID card, student ID from a Fulton County-based school, or a GA driver’s license with county code 60). Fulton County Days take place on the opening day of each feature exhibit, and the deal is valid for walk-up ticket purchases only.
- Members of the military with ID (active, retired, reserves) can purchase tickets for themselves & their families for $11.95 each. And on Memorial Day, July 4, Veteran’s Day, Flag Day, and Armed Forces Day, all active, retired, and reserve military personnel are admitted for free, and their families receive the discounted rate of $11.95 + tax. Military ID must be presented to receive the deals.
Admission is regularly $14.95 + tax for everyone age 1 & up. FYI–When you purchase tickets, you’ll need to select both a date & an arrival time, so plan accordingly.
The Children’s Museum of Atlanta is located at 275 Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW, Atlanta.