I just checked the list, and Little Shop of Stories in Decatur has several can’t-miss events planned in the coming weeks:
- Saturday, December 6, 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.: Gingerbread Party. You’ll need to RSVP & pay $5/child in advance to attend. That said, the annual Gingerbread Storytime is a sweet time. There’ll gingerbread stories & decorating delicious gingerbread men to eat.
- Sunday, December 7, 3:00 p.m.: Corduroy Christmas Storytime. There’ll be Corduroy stories + visit with Corduroy.
- Thursday, December 11, 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.: My Parents’ Basement Pop-Up Comic Shop. Stop by to shop for new comics + some gems from yesteryear
- Friday, December 12, 7:00 p.m.: Free screening of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. It’s free to attend, but you must reserve a space for your child in & advance.
- Sunday, December 14, 3:00 p.m.: Hanukkah Storytime with local author Laurel Snyder.
- Thursday, December 18, 7:00 p.m.: The Decatur High School Chorus will be in-store to lead revelers in caroling.
- Saturday, December 20, 2:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m.: Polar Express Party with Santa. You’ll need to RSVP & pay $5/child in advance to attend. There’ll be a reading of The Polar Express, hot chocolate, jingle bells, and visits with Santa.
- Sunday, December 21, 3:00 p.m.: Winter Storytime.
- Monday, December 22, 3:00 p.m.: How the Grinch Stole Christmas Storytime. There’ll be a reading of How the Grinch Stole Christmas + a visit with the Grinch himself.
- Tuesday, December 23, 6:00 p.m.: The Night Before the Night Before Christmas Storytime with Santa. The jolly old elf himself will read The Night Before Christmas at this popular annual event.
Little Shop of Stories is located at 133 A East Court Square, Decatur. 404-373-6300