If it’s been a while since you’ve been to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta, now’s the time to head back. The recently renovated space is now home to Gateway to the World, Step Up to Science, and Fundamentally Food exhibitions, as well as a Let Your Creativity Flow area, complete with a new Arts Studio, paint wall, sand tables, & a stage.
Plus through May 29, 2017, kids will be able to investigate the science of how things move by land, sea, and air via the From Here to There exhibition. And from June 10-September 4, 2017, they can march to their own beat while experiencing the Blue Man Group: Making Waves exhibition, a multi-sensory exploration of sound that brings together science and art.
If you’re planning to treat the kids to a day of play at The Children’s Museum of Atlanta in the coming weeks, you’re in luck: You’ve got a few ways to get discount tickets (or better yet, free admission), no coupon code required:
- On the second Tuesday of the month, Target covers the cost of admission. Target Free Second Tuesdays take place from 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Reservations are not accepted, and you can pick up free timed tickets at the start of the Target Free Second Tuesdays hours. 2017’s Target Free Second Tuesdays will take place on May 9, June 13, July 11, August 8, September 12, October 10, November 14, & December 12.
- On Mother’s Day (Sunday, May 14, 2017), all moms receive free admission to the Children’s Museum of Atlanta. To get the deal, just say “I’m a proud mom” at the admissions desk.
- On Father’s Day (Sunday, June 18, 2017), all moms receive free admission to the Children’s Museum of Atlanta. To get the deal, just say “I’m a proud dad” at the admissions desk.
- If you are an educator and you purchase in person at the front desk, you’ll save $10 on a membership to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta.
- On Fulton County Family Days, Fulton County residents can buy one ticket to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta & get one free. ID is required (Fulton County employee ID card, student ID from a Fulton County-based school, or a GA driver’s license with county code 60). Fulton County Days take place on the opening day of each feature exhibit, and the deal is valid for walk-up ticket purchases only. The next few Fulton County Family Day deals will take place on June 10 for the opening of the Blue Man Group: Making Waves exhibition, September 16 for the opening of the Sid the Science Kid exhibition, & January 27, 2018, for opening of the Healthyville exhibition.
- Members of the military with ID (active, retired, reserves) can purchase tickets for themselves & their families for $11.95 each. And on Memorial Day, July 4, Veteran’s Day, Flag Day, and Armed Forces Day, all active, retired, and reserve military personnel are admitted for free, and their families receive the discounted rate of $11.95 + tax. Military ID must be presented to receive the deals.
Admission is regularly $14.95 + tax for everyone age 1 & up. FYI–When you purchase tickets, you’ll need to select both a date & an arrival time, so plan accordingly.
The Children’s Museum of Atlanta is located at 275 Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW, Atlanta.