Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates, follow @atlcheap on Twitter, like Atlanta on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
There’s quite a bit to do at the GA Ren Fest, my favorite being watching the shows–jousting, the Adam Crack: Fire Whip Show, Larksalot The Bald, Mud Show: Splatter Time Players, Barely Balanced Acrobatic Show, Hypnotist Rick Stratton, Hey Nunnie Nunnie, The Ded Bob Sho, The Tortuga Twins, The Flying Debris Juggling Show, Birds of Prey, & Parrots Of The Caribbean (to name a few). And there’s Maypole dancing, photos with the King & Queen and the Fairy Queen, a free jester’s juggling school, wandering minstrels, & the list goes on.
Even a few years ago was still fun, despite the fact that strong afternoon thunderstorms forced us to leave several hours early (we could have waited it out, but by then my youngest was over-tired & soaked, so it was a good time to go). Last year, we had perfect weather, and the shows didn’t disappoint. My husband loves the Ded Bob show, I think the Barely Balanced acrobats are hilarious, & the girls were fascinated by the jousting.
Want to go on the cheap? The Georgia Renaissance Festival, open Saturdays, Sundays & Memorial Day through June 2, is offering a mix of deals for the festival:
- While they last, you can get adult tickets to the Georgia Renaissance Festival for $10 each, thanks to a deal on Living Social. The deal is valid for admission on May 18 & 19 only.
- On Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27, and the final weekend, June 1 & 2, there’ll be special discounts, but the details won’t be announced until closer to the date.
- GA Ren Fest tickets are regularly $19.95 for adults & $8.95 for kids. If you use promo code “GSU” when you order tickets at garenfest.com/promo, you’ll get adult tickets for $15.95 each & child tickets for $6 each.
- And the Royal Value Combo Pack is a good deal if your party includes four adults & you’re planning to eat there, play games/ride rides, & rent costumes. You’ll pay $94.95 for four adult tickets, four soft drinks, four entrees, four rides/games coupons, and four coupons each good for $10 off costume rental ($165 value).
- If you present a Shakespeare Tavern ticket stub at the Georgia Renaissance Festival box office, you can save $5 on a full-price adult admission ticket purchase.
The Georgia Renaissance Festival is located at 6905 Virlyn B. Smith Rd., Fairburn. Parking is free. 770-964-8575