“Frida & Diego: Passion, Politics, and Painting” which opened February 14, 2013, features some of the best examples of art from two central figures of Mexican modernism: Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. I’m a member of the High Museum of Art, so admission will be free for me when I check it out in the next couple of weeks. Not a member? You can take advantage of several deals to get free or discount tickets to the High Museum of Art:
1) Half-Price Thursday Evenings are still going on. You can save 50% when you visit the High from 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. To find the deal online, choose the Thursday you want to visit & pick a time slot marked “Discount Available”–once you select the quantity of tickets & click through, the discounted price will show in your cart.
2) Fulton County residents & students get in free from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday of the month; valid ID required. The next free day is Saturday, March 2, 2013. Plus, Bank of America cardholders get the same deal on the first full weekend of the month (discount applies to cardholder only).
3) Other ongoing discounts: Admission is free for active military with ID, and dependents of active military personnel as well as retired military receive $2 off admission. Zoo Atlanta members save $3 off adult admission or $10 off a membership. If you have a PBA Advantage card, or an ASO or Alliance Theatre subscriber card, you’ll save $3 off admission. ARTSCard members get $2 off admission.
4) If you’re planning to visit multiple attractions in Atlanta, take advantage of the Atlanta CityPASS to save almost 50% on admission to five Atlanta-area attractions. The Georgia Aquarium ticket includes a Deepo Pass with Expedited Entry, Deepo’s 4-D theater, and the Dolphin Tales show (based on availability). The World of Coca-Cola ticket includes admission, the 4-D theatre, and a free keepsake bottle from the museum. Other attractions included are Inside CNN Studio Tour, Fernbank (includes IMAX, too) OR High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta (includes All-Rides Wristband) OR Atlanta History Center. It’s valid for nine days, and if you plan it right, you’ll have two full weekends + the weekdays in between to get to all of the attractions.
5) Want to check out “Frida & Diego: Passion, Politics, and Painting” and Zorro at The Alliance the cheap? You can save up to 45% with the Frida & Zorro combo ticket. With the package, you’ll get $5 off admission to the High for the date of your choice and $10 off tickets to a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday evening performance of Zorro on the Alliance Stage.
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta.