Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates, follow @atlcheap on Twitter, like Atlanta on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
- After you pass through the mini Lego factory, you get to take a ride on Kingdom Quest, my husband’s favorite. I broke 10k (the high score in my family) shooting skeletons, rocks, & anything else in our path.
- I could spend an hour wandering around Miniland & checking out the Atlanta landmarks crafted out of Legos. From Falcons football to the Fox Theatre (featuring a production of ‘Bricked’), the level of detail is impressive, and there are moving components, too.
- My youngest was so distracted by the play area that she missed out on Heartlake City, and it’s top of her list for a return visit.
- As for my oldest, the 4D film was a winner (it is a cute movie, but be warned: they’re generous with their use of water). She spent quite a bit of time building her racer, and she already has plans for how to improve the design when we return. And she wants to test her skill at the Earthquake table–we ran out of time before she could construct her building & see how it’d hold up.
You’ll need to budget at least 2 hours, if not more, for a visit. We only had 90 minutes, and it wasn’t long enough. And be prepared for crowds. They’ll be capping capacity at 500 people at a time, but be prepared to wait to get in & wait in line for certain activities. I’d suggest treating it like most ATL attractions & heading out early or late for the best experience.
Want to check it out on the cheap? You’ve got a few options:
- On “Brick Friday”, November 23, 2012, you’ll receive a free Individual Annual Pass to Legoland Discovery Center Atlanta when you purchase $200+ worth of merchandise in the Lego shop.
- You can save up to $7 on admission to Legoland Discovery Center in Atlanta if you opt for the Afternoon Online Saver ticket, which is valid for visits after 4:00 p.m.
- Have a child under age 6? Opt for the Parent and Child Online Saver ticket. If you buy your ticket at least one day in advance, both you & your child (age 2-5) will get in for the price of an adult ticket. And extra tickets, adult or child, can be purchased at a discount. The deal is valid Monday-Friday only for 10:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. timed entry.
- And if you buy tickets in advance online instead of opting for walk-up tickets, you’ll save 10%.
- Planning to eat there? $99.76 buys the Ultimate Family Saver Ticket, which includes admission for four (must include one adult), a Family Meal Deal, two activity lanyards and two photo keychains.
- Through November 23, 2012, if you donate a can of food, you’ll save $2 on the walk-up admission rate.
- December 2-8, 2012, is Legoland Discovery Center Atlanta Pass Member Appreciation Week. Current annual pass members can save 40% on renewals, and new & current pass members will receive a booklet with special offers from its partners, like the Center for Puppetry Arts, Imagine It!, the Alliance Theatre, Medieval Times, & more. And both can save 20% in the Legoland Discovery Center Atlanta store all week + take advantage of daily perks: December 2 & 6: Bring a Friend Free Days (limit one free guest per pass holder). December 3: Free coffee. December 4 & 5: Free cookie. December 7: First 100 pass holders will receive a free Lego gift. December 8: Free Santa keychain with purchase or renewal of an annual pass.
Your ticket includes entrance to the Legoland Discovery Center + unlimited admission to Lego rides, the 4D cinema, and the attractions, including Lego Miniland, Model Builder Workshop, a Build & Test area, a soft play area, & more.
FYI–Since Legoland is a children’s attraction, adults visiting must be accompanied by a child. But Legoland Discovery Center Atlanta hosts an adult night on the second Thursday of every month. The next adult night will take place on December 13, 2012. Adult Night tickets can only be purchased online, and it does sell out, so order in advance to get yours.
Phipps Plaza is located at 3500 Peachtree Rd. NE, Atlanta. 404-848-9252