I’d never shopped at BJ’s Wholesale Club, but that changed when I stopped by earlier this week for a blogger event. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found–so much so that I activated the free 60-day trial membership to BJ’s Wholesale Club while I was there so that I can shop during the holidays.
Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates, follow @atlcheap on Twitter, like Atlanta on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
If you’ve yet to try shopping at BJ’s Wholesale Club, this is a good time to check it out free, especially given the extras:
- You have until December 31, 2012, to activate the free 60-day trial membership to BJ’s Wholesale Club, and there’s no surcharge added at checkout. You’ll save on both gas & club purchases.
- When you walk into BJ’s, you’ll find a rack of flyers with the week’s in-store coupons, and trial members can use these coupons, too. My favorite for the week: Through November 21, 2012, you’ll get $15 off a Harvestland Purely All-Natural Turkey when you buy four different qualifying items.
- Unlike most warehouse clubs, BJ’s allows you to use both BJ’s own coupons & manufacturers’ coupons. And making a good deal better, you don’t have to rely on manufacturers’ coupons cut from the Sunday paper—most accept coupons printed from online sites, like Coupons.com, too.
- Per the official policy, you can only use one coupon per item, but an item isn’t defined as one package. If you buy a multipack of toothpaste, each tube of toothpaste counts as an item–this works with anything that has its own UPC code. And you can stack a BJ’s coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon.
- From November 16-18, 2012, participating BJ’s locations are having a Taste of the Club weekend with food samples & more, plus you can pick up the Black Friday coupon book while you’re there.
- Many BJ’s locations have a full-service deli. At my location, Black Angus roast beef was $6.99/lb (much cheaper than I normally pay), and the cheese prices also beat my regular costs for the same brands elsewhere. Bonus: If you want cheese cut into cubes or slices for a party, you can bring the package to the deli, and they’ll cut it for you at no additional charge.
- And I loved the gift ideas & holiday touches. They had a four-pack of mugs stuffed with Ghirardelli chocolates for $19.99 ($5/quick teacher gift), adorable handmade gift tags & cards, and gift items like the Corkcicle (which is one of Oprah’s 5 favorite things for 2012 & is $17.99 at my local BJ’s, about $7 less than retail price).
BJ’s has five locations in metro-Atlanta:
- 105 Long Dr., Woodstock
- 1725 Marketplace Blvd., Cumming
- 3585 N. Commerce Dr., East Point
- 1800 Dogwood Dr. SE, Conyers
- 331 Newnan Crossing Bypass, Newnan