Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates, follow @atlcheap on Twitter, like Atlanta on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
From November 10, 2012-January 1, 2013, your Christmas Adventure pass or Mountain Member pass will let you experience all that Stone Mountain Christmas has to offer, including The Polar Express 4-D Experience, Singalong Christmas Train, Antebellum Plantation, the Great Barn, Snow Angel Palace, Christmas shows, a visit with Santa Claus, Crossroads Christmas Parade, and the Snow Angel Snowfall and Fireworks Finale, & more.
And Snow Mountain returns from November 19, 2012-February 18, 2013. A Snow Mountain pass or Mountain Member PLUS pass is required to play. If you’re not familiar with Snow Mountain, here are the basics:
- The 400-foot long tubing hill offers two experiences & 20 lanes of tubing–Avalanche Alley is for multiple riders while Tube Runners is designed for single riders.
- In the Snow Zone, kids can play at Fort Snow (turrets, tunnels, & mid-sized slides), build a snowman, shoot snowballs at targets, or build an igloo.
- Kids ages three & under can play in the Little Angels section.
Want to head out on the cheap? Take advantage of one of these deals:
1) As always, if you’re planning to go more than once (and there’s so much to do, you’ll probably need to), buy the Mountain Membership, a.k.a. the season pass. In addition to unlimited admission, Mountain Members save on tickets to Snow Mountain & Ride the ducks, get an extra discount on a parking pass, & more. Even better: The Mountain Members PLUS pass includes tickets to Snow Mountain & Ride the Ducks, annual parking, & other perks.
2) Thanks to an online offer, you can save up to 30% with a Christmas Family Value Pass. $125 buys four Christmas Adventure passes, four refillable cups good for unlimited soft-drink refills, four meal tickets, and four hot chocolates. Or you can pay $199 for a Snow Mountain & Christmas Combo Family Value Pass.
3) November 10 & 11, 2012, are Bring a Friend Free Days for Stone Mountain Christmas. Mountain Members can print out a coupon and bring a friend free; you can redeem the coupon at the main ticket plaza.
4) Thanks to an offer from Gas South, you can save up to 25% on a Chrismas Adventure Pass, Snow Mountain pass, or a Mountain Member pass or Mountain Member Plus pass to Stone Mountain Park.
As for parking, for most vehicles, it’s $10, but, you can still get in on the cheap:
- You can also walk or ride a bike to get in free. We’ve parked in Stone Mountain Village & walked in before, though if we do it again, I think we’d opt to bring the bikes.
- If you must drive, spring for the $35 annual permit if you you live near Stone Mountain Park & plan to visit at least four times a year, whether to take advantage of free special events or the park’s outdoor activities and laser show.
- If you get the Mountain Member PLUS pass, it includes parking + other benefits. Regular Mountain Members can add annual parking to the pass for $20.
Stone Mountain Park is located at 1000 Robert E. Lee Dr., Stone Mountain. Technically, the main entrance is located at U.S. Highway 78 East, Exit 8, Stone Mountain, but online mapping programs often don’t like the address. 770-498-5690.